Martes, Hunyo 25, 2013

Fixing the Holiday Business Plans


For a lot of us who like to shop online, experiencing having to return items can be such a nightmare. I want to share my story with you because it was quite the opposite. It started from an iPad that I bought from the Philippines' Online Shopping Mall, Lazada Philippines a couple of weeks ago. 

I'm a techie-rat and the only joy I have outside of a hectic work schedule is being able to purchase my favorite gadgets at the comfort of my own home. I had an extra day off that week and I decided I was going to spend it surfing the web for some great deals on some gadget purchases that I had been pining for. Initially I was thinking of buying a Mac Air, I looked around a couple of times but when I realized I was out of my budget I decided to get the next best thing. I went over to Lazada Philippines and see if they had some apple gadgets available and to my excitement they did have an iPad 4 available and at a discounted price.


The more financially-sound choice

At first I thought they only carried that one iPad but after exploring the website I realized they had other versions with varying specs as well as other tablet manufacturers that were also posted in competitive prices. I decided on a less expensive version of the iPad 4 and what was really sweet about the deal was that part of the offer was free delivery! It made the deal even better when I got to the checkout counter and I saw that they offered Cash on Delivery Option (which I opted for). If you thought that my purchase is too good to be true, wait until you hear the purchase condition of my iPad- I could return it within the first seven days of purchase if I wasn’t satisfied! At this rate I thought I was in shopping utopia. I quickly made my keystrokes and hit that purchase button with every passion I had! The checkout page asked for 5-10 days of delivery time since I lived outside Metro Manila and true enough I got that knock on my door on the 8th day from when I purchased.

A little pissed about my iPad

I was too excited to get my iPad from the delivery service that I opted not to inspect the contents when I received the box. When I got to my room, like a child I excitedly opened the box expecting my amazing iPad only to be disappointed with what I found. There was a significant scratch on the touch screen- At this point I was beginning to think that this particular online purchase was a bust.

I immediately dialed customer service and told them of what I had received. The lady was really concerned and even helped me fill out the return form and advised me to return the whole package immediately so I can get a replacement. I sent everything back- even the proof of purchase for the iPad. 

A week after I got my brand spanking shiny iPad and yes, this time I inspected every inch of it to be sure! I’m really happy that the return process went well with no hassles, I didn’t have to go through feeling like it was my fault and the customer service personnel was truly empathetic and helpful. 






Despite what happened I feel that Lazada Philippines handled my problem really well and this is what makes them a really cool online shopping place. For this I give them a glowing  experience review.




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento