Huwebes, Hunyo 27, 2013

A New Take on Online Shopping


Aware of the simplicity and convenience of online shopping in the U.S. and other countries, I tried my hand on ordering a product from a Philippine online store several years ago. I paid for the purchase with my credit card and the website sent me an email acknowledging the transaction together with the expected delivery date. I expected to receive my order in seven business days as promised and my credit card notified me of a completed transaction which meant I owed them the cost of the product I purchases online.

The seven business days turned into eight, then ten, and fourteen days but no product had come. Every time I called the online store's customer service, they give me the same spiel - they will check into it. Finally, on the twenty-first business day, which is almost a full month in terms of calendar days, I received the much-anticipated package, only to discover a damaged product. I will not narrate anymore the horror of calling customer service and arranging for the replacement of the damaged product but right then and there, I promised myself never to buy from an online store anymore.
Until friends and co-workers started telling me about the online shopping mall that everybody is raving about. Lazada Philippines, people told me, is an entirely different breed of online store. It is not only a store; it is a mall that carries a wide array of products that range from electronic goods to children's toys. Name it and they have it, my friends and co-workers told me.

Browsing the Online Shopping Mall

Initially, I refused to pay attention to the praises people had been heaping on this Philippine shopping mall. Traumatized by my online shopping experience, I refuse to believe that there could be good online shopping in the Philippines. Later, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to browse on the Lazada Philippines website.

Just by browsing this online mall made me decide that the people behind this online venture had given an entirely new meaning to online shopping in the Philippines. I tried registering for an account at Lazada Philippines and I found out that there are no long forms to fill up as they require only basic and minimal information. The registration could be completed immediately and I found out that I was all set to start shopping right away.

I noticed also that shopping was very easy as you can go from one product category to another. The product filter provides the price range or the list of brands for a particular product category so deciding on what to buy comes very easy. It is also easy to make a comparison of product from one manufacturer to another, enabling you to make an intelligent choice of the product you will buy.

Mode of Payment

I was amazed to learn that there are other modes of payment other than the typical credit card. I was surprised to find out that there are still people who sell products on Cash on Delivery basis. And an online store at that. Then there is the BDO Installment payment mode. I am wondering what this company will think of next.

New Idea on Online Shopping

After I made my first purchase from Lazada Philippines, the product I ordered was delivered at my doorstep in less than five days. I first checked the content of the package and after making sure that it was the correct product and that there was no damage or defect, I handed my cash to the delivery agent. Now, I have a new idea about online shopping in the country - it is at par, if not better than online shopping in other countries. But only if it is Lazada Philippines.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento