Linggo, Nobyembre 10, 2013

Lazada Philippines: Joining the bandwagon of ecommerce stores

Ecommerce astounds me. It plays a huge part in my life because I sell cakes online. And it was only when I gave up my stand in Robinsons and moved to selling online that my sales reach to an all-time high. Because I spend my free time monitoring my page for orders, I have a lot of time to check out other online shops in between orders. I guess it’s probably why I later on started preferring shopping online to the tradition approach of shopping. I’ve been selling cakes for almost four years now and although it feels more accomplishing to have a store, the return of investment becomes a lot longer to attain. Sometimes you have to sacrifice certain aspects of how you see your business operating to make room for fast growth. Obviously, selling online instead is cheaper even when I pay for my own domain.

I don’t know if I even help in making a dent to the profit earned in ecommerce sales but I know for a fact that sites like Lazada help in making the local ecommerce industry richer each day. It is by far the closest site I can associate with the malls I normally go to. It has a wide product range that has considerably one of the most well made contents in Philippine online shopping. As a mom of two and a full time baker, I have very little time on my hands to go out to get things as basic as kitchenware. I would rather be spending it either with my children or baking. So when I’m waiting for orders to get in, I try to finish some shopping errands online at the same time.

I heard of Lazada through a friend of a friend who bought a camera printer with 20% off. It was after that I researched about it and found out that it’s not even owned by a Philippine company. Apparently, a German company that makes a living pioneering or establishing ecommerce ventures in different countries all over the world owns it. Over a period of time, it successfully made over 100 online websites that made me consider Lazada Philippines. I mean, that’s a pretty good background, right?

The ecommerce industry in the Philippines is now in the forefront of Philippine businesses. It was recorded that P8 billion in sales was collected from transactions made using ecommerce transactions alone. Obviously that got a lot of people’s attention and that opened doors for many aspiring sellers/manufacturers to make an online site of their own. Lazada started early last year and is now the Best Online Shopping Mall for 2013 according to the Golden Globe Annual Awards. It would have to perform ridiculously good to be able to get the favor of such a prestigious award giving body. I own an online shop and I know I’ll never come close to what Lazada has accomplished in so little time particularly because it’s not even owned by a local businessman and it’s already taking Filipinos’ breaths away.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento